We all know how easy it is to install a game. It’s usually just a few clicks, and voila, you’re ready to play! But what about uninstalling one? With the massive popularity of Guild Wars 2 – not only in North America but worldwide.
Many people have been trying to uninstall this game from their PC. Some have had difficulty finding how, so we’ve put together this blog post detailing how you can do it quickly and painlessly.
If you’ve been thinking about how to uninstall Guild Wars 2 and want to find out how easy, painless, and fast it is, then this blog post is for you. We’ll go over how to remove the game from your computer and delete any files that may be related.
Sometimes, uninstalling and reinstalling the game can fix problems that an update or another program may have caused.
Removing the game from your computer will not change or delete anything on this account. If you need changes done to your ArenaNet account, please log in to the Account Management page and make changes or contact the ArenaNet support team for assistance.
Uninstalling Guild Wars 2 For windows
- Log into your Windows and open the Control panel.
- Delete GW2
- To uninstall Guild Wars 2, find it in the list. Either double-click the entry or select it and then click Uninstall/Change at the top of the window to open up the uninstall windows.
- Click the “Uninstall Guild Wars 2” button in the window that pops up.
- After you see the “Uninstaller Successful” message, it is safe to close Control Panel.
- If you are having trouble uninstalling the game, take a moment to review this support article for help with any registry issues preventing you from installing or removing programs entirely.
Reinstalling Guild Wars 2
- Log in to your account on the game management page by entering in your login credentials.
- Navigate to your Game Content tab, where you can click on the game client of choice.
- Download Guild Wars 2 from the website. Choose a location for installation and install the game therein.
- Find the Gw2Setup.exe file; double-click it to start the installation process.
- To uninstall Guild Wars 2, click the red Install Guild Wars 2 button and choose an installation location. Once you do that, keep reading to find out what needs to be done next.
- Find the corresponding nation flag icon in the top right corner of the launcher to choose your language.
- Enter your account name and password in the Login fields (if any) and click Login, as shown in Figure 2.
- Once you have downloaded all of the important files, click on Play!
How to Uninstall for Mac
- Find and open the Mac Finder.
- Delete the folder Guild Wars 2
- To uninstall Guild Wars 2, you must drag the icon to the Trash or right-click and choose ‘Move to Trash.’
- The Trash can be emptied by right-clicking.
To remove any remaining library files, caches, and preferences:
- Find Mac in the “Finder” window.
- Navigate to the “Library” folder.
- If you need an easy way to uninstall GW2, Locate any Guild Wars 2 files or folders in the following directories:
- /Library/Application Support/
- Remove the following files by clicking on them and dragging them to the Trash:
- Empty the Trash.
Newest Way To Uninstalling The Guild Wars 2
1) Quit the game by clicking on “Play” in the top left-hand corner of your screen. You might need to log back into your account if you haven’t already done so after a few hours (or days) of playtime.
2) Press “Settings” at the top right side corner of your screen and select “Uninstall.” The prompt will ask if you’re sure before proceeding.
– Click “Yes” to proceed with the uninstall.
Once you’ve clicked on Yes, the game will begin removing all Guild Wars files from your machine and deleting any leftover folders.
This process might take anywhere between 20 minutes and an hour, depending on how many updates there are that need to be removed before removing them from your computer completely.
When it’s finished, shut down or restart your PC if you prefer to do so rather than waiting for Windows XP/Vista or Mac OS X Tiger or Leopard (respectively) to boot up like normal upon a shutdown command.
You’ll know when it’s done because, for GW: WL to launch again, all of its files must be present in one location – which will be confirmed after this process is complete.
If you’re still unsure how to use this, please feel free to contact us, and we’ll walk you through the steps.
Remember that if there are any remaining files from GW: WL on your computer or hard drive, they will need to be removed manually before contacting customer support.